mama knits!

(when they let her...)

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Knit and Crochet Show Haul

I know a lot of people were unhappy with the location of the show this year, but it made me very happy! I never get to go to anything like this, and Valley Forge is only 20 minutes away from me, so I thought it was great. Anyway..... of course I had to make sure I had some spending money with me...

I had two SP's that had said they would like to try birch needles, so I picked up a set of Brittany's for each of them, and of course I had to get myself some needles too! I decided to try the Lantern Moon ebony circulars (although I wish I had gotten a shorter length) and some Swallow cassein DPN's. I also got a #1 12" circular because I had tried a sock on one of these and liked it.

I bought some pretty "Wildflowers" merino from Woolbearers and 2 skeins of cotton chenille
to make myself some soft washcloths.





More needles, this time short DPN's and cable needles. A green Chibi, so now I have one to keep at home.

The yarn on the left is also from Woolbearers and will be a SP gift. I think it is sooo pretty, but just not good colors on me.

On the right is some handdyed merino from Maple Creek Farm that will become a sweater for Little Guy.

I really wanted to buy a knitting bag, but settled for the Lexie Barnes pouch instead. I'm too nervous to buy a knitting bag... I've seen so many I like, it would be hard to choose!




I did buy a "Knitting Nest" though, I had seen them in catalogs and thought they were cute.

I had been noticing this yarn at my LYS for a while, but had always somehow managed not to buy any. I stopped by their booth and it was the show special-- buy one, get one free. So of course I had to get a few!

There's a pretty new needle roll and a spindle.
I bought a spindle a few months ago to see if I could figure it out, but this one is sooo much nicer, maybe I'll actually be able to do something with it!

1 Comments:

At August 01, 2006 4:11 AM, Blogger Karla said...

Oh wow! A woman after my own heart! I loved everything you bought! The ebony circulars especially sounded beautiful. How do you like them? I bet they're smooth! And you got a Knitting Nest! I was just talking to a girlfriend about those the other day, saying I'd seen one in a catalog and how nice they looked. I had bought a smaller version over a year ago that you carry on your wrist for small projects. How do you like your Knitting Nest? I bet it sure is useful! Lucky SP who gets that skein of yarn, too, 'cause those are GORGEOUS colors!

I want to go shopping with you one day! I'll be sure to bring lots of spending money, too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home