1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I've been knitting a lot of socks lately. I like most soft wool/ wool blend yarns, but nothing that sheds a lot. I wear contacts and shedding fibers always manage to find their way to my eyes!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have two needle rolls for my straight needles, but my DPNs and circular needles are just thrown in a box.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting about 6 years.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?I like most plainish floral scents and food smells (fruity or baked goods type)
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?I love maple sugar candy, but chocolate is always good!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?I have a spindle, but haven't had enough practice yet
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I like pretty much all types of music. The husband has decided we should do the ipod thing for the car and home, so right now we're putting everything on the computers. I have about 600 Cds, and he has even more..... we like all kinds of stuff!
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?I love reds/ pinks/ oranges, but also adore greens and some blues. I'd say I love most colors!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?Right now we have a 23 month old son, but baby #2 will be here in the beginning of November. We also have two cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?I'm the snow shoveler in the house, so hats and scarves get use. I've never actually worn mittens...
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?Right now socks and hats. Pretty much anything small I can carry around.
13. What are you knitting right now?A couple of pairs of socks for swaps, some baby stuff.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?Of course!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?I like short straight needles, so it something has too many stitches to fit them, I'll use a circular needle. But if choosing between circulars and DPNs, I'll choose the DPNs.
I've been preferring aluminum needles lately, but bamboo/ wood is good for slippery yarns or larger DPNs.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?Yes to both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?There's a half finished baby blanket that's a few years old around here somewhere...
18. What is your favorite holiday?I guess Christmas. I love to give people gifts and bake cookies.
19. Is there anything that you collect?I seem to collect vintage aprons and tablecloths and erotica books. I just recently noticed that I also seem to be collecting cute tea tins.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?I'm hoping to try fair isle soon, probably as a hat for my son.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?Yes, I love knitting socks. I wear a US womans size 8 1/2 shoe and my measurements are:
length 9 1/2 inches
ball 8 3/4 inches
ankle 9 inches
23. When is your birthday?March 8th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?mamaknits!