mama knits!

(when they let her...)

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Some knitting



Celtic Cap in Patons Classic Merino.

I'll be making more of these! I think I'll even make a little version of it for Caleb to wear next year.
I used Patons Classic Merino because my husband doesn't take care of anything, so I didn't want to spend a lot. It was a little scratchy to knit with, but I was really surprised at how soft it is after washing. It feels like a totally different yarn.


Sorry no modeled shot. Little Guy is the only one here and it covers his whole head so I don't think he'd leave in on long enough for me to get a picture!

This hat put me in a cable-y mood, so in addition to the pattern I picked out for myself and one for my sister, I also made this hat.


Cabled Baby Hat in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran.

I have a few pregnant SP's, a pregnant friend, and we just started trying for baby #2, so I don't know who this hat is for yet. But it was very quick to make and the yarn is so soft that I think I'll be making more anyway!

2 Comments:

At February 22, 2007 11:22 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

oooh, I love that celtic cap! I made one for my son, but did the rolled edge. It's a great pattern, isn't it? I'll have to try another with the wide edge.

 
At April 19, 2007 3:43 PM, Blogger MRS MJW said...

Your hats are very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home