mama knits!

(when they let her...)

Friday, December 01, 2006

Mystery Socks

I just noticed I never posted pictures of the socks I knit for the Mystery Sock KAL (I posted over there last week, but forgot to post here).

I thought the whole idea was pretty neat (knitting socks from a pattern that doesn't have a picture, so you don't really know what you'll get), and I'm pretty happy with the pattern I chose.


I used the Shell Sock pattern with Vesper sock yarn in the Strange Little Mama color. I didn't really change much. I made the cuff shorter and changed the heel a little. I also used Knit Picks size #1 DPNs, which are actually a US #1.5 instead of the #1 called for. I really love these needles. I love using my short Brittany DPNs, but with some patterns you just need nice sharp points on your needles (plus I really didn't have a good feeling about trying to purl 3 together on anything that wasn't some type of metal. I haven't snapped a needle yet, but I'm not in any hurry to...).

1 Comments:

At December 02, 2006 3:06 AM, Blogger Nic said...

Those are cute socks! I like the pattern and the colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home