mama knits!

(when they let her...)

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pumpkins!!





We took Little Guy to see some pumpkins. He really didn't care. We wanted to find an actual pumpkin patch, but the ones we found wanted you to pay to take a wagon ride to get there. We weren't going to actually buy a pumpkin that day, and Little Guy had had a rough night, so we didn't bother. I was hoping to take lots of pictures, but it was so sunny out that didn't happen.



Then we went to my moms and she had bought him a tiny rocking chair. It was so cute! He immediately knew exactly what to do as soon as he sat on it. I think I'll have to go to Michaels and get him one for home.

When we got home I had packages waiting for me from my Sock-ret Pal.


I swear, I think my SPs are psychic! Just last week I was looking at the pattern for the pumpkin hat, but didn't order it because by the time it came and I ordered yarn and waited for it and finally got to knit the hat, it would be after halloween.


She also sent a package from Prairieland Herbs. This stuff smells so good!! I had been planning on ordering things for my downstream pal from there, and now I get to try it first (and order more for me when I order for her!).

Thank you so much SP! I really needed the lavender after the beginning of my weekend... After the kid hiding in my basement, Little Guy bit his tongue (I think, it's so hard to tell when they're that age... but he never had pain like this when teething). Now, in the afternoon, if he's really tired, he can (if he wants to) fall asleep by himself. But at night, he needs to nurse.

But his mouth hurt, so he couldn't.

So from 8pm until 2am I had to deal with a very sleepy boy with a very sore mouth that wanted nothing more than to just snuggle up with a boobie and go to sleep. It was so sad. He kept trying and trying but he couldn't. I gave him tylenol and he ate a few ice pops, but nothing worked. I think by 2am he was just so tired and worn out from crying that he didn't care anymore if it hurt and finally got to sleep.

I really needed that lavender bath milk!

1 Comments:

At October 20, 2006 8:08 AM, Blogger girlwithasword said...

So glad you got your goodies - enjoy! :)

-maggie from prairielandherbs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home