mama knits!

(when they let her...)

Monday, October 16, 2006

How I spent my Friday the 13th...

Well, my day started out just like many other Fridays. The husband came home around lunchtime so we could run to the bank, the dropped me and Little Guy off back at home. We played for a bit, then I started trying to get him in the mood to take a nap.

Around 3pm or so, I was in the kitchen doing dishes and heard a police car go around back in the alley. Now, that is a pretty normal thing to hear at that time of day (we don't live in a bad area, but we do live 1 1/2 blocks from the middle school, and the high school is right behind that, and the kids often need the cops chasing after them to get them to go home and not just congregate in a huge mob in the street), but for some reason, I peaked out back.

I saw a kid walking between my garage and fence. And way back behind the garage I saw a bunch of cops looking for someone. The kid walked towards my house, then he was out of my view, but I heard a noise at my cellar doors.

There were cops and newspaper reporters everywhere out front of my house too, so I put some clothes on Caleb to go out and let them know what I saw.

The cops brought a huge dog to sniff around and I saw some giant guns.

The boy wasn't in my basement any longer, but he had left his sweatshirt there and there was an open jug of bleach sitting on the stairs. I wonder what that was for... maybe he was going to use it as a weapon if someone tried to come in. Or maybe he poured it on his hands to try to remove residue from shooting a gun. I don't know...

I didn't get to find out until the next mornings paper what had happened, but apparently that kid wasn't too smart.

The week before he had hit a 12 year old girl (he's 17) with a gun (as in smacked- not shot). Friday after school, he actually fired shots at the girls dad. So he runs home to his house and puts the gun in his basement. He then goes back outside of his house, and of course the cops are there because they know who he is. So he runs and hides in my basement. He leaves his sweatshirt there and manages to get back out before the cops get to him. And where do you think he went then??? Back to his house!! And he even quick changed his shirt again before the cops arrested him. How stupid is this kid that he thinks they won't recognize him if he has a different shirt on?

It was a very exciting day! Plus when the mailman finally got to deliver the mail, he had a box for me..... and it was from my Spooky SP. How fitting is that for Friday the 13th??

My pal sent me a cute pumpkin bag with Halloween goodies in it. There was more candy.... but we needed chocolate!


Blogger is actually letting me put posts through, so I get to show some of what I have been knitting the past few weeks.

I made a few hats.

Halley's Comet and Nippertails. For some reason I got ladders from the DPNs... that never happened before, I guess I'll have to start being careful.

A cabled hat and wristwarmer set in Cascade Pastaza (one of my favorites!).

Socks for Little Guy.

Washcloths. These are fun!

I still have to get pictures of my Bloom and the things I'm working on now.

1 Comments:

At October 17, 2006 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got your spooky package - and what perfect timing! Enjoy... more coming your way soon!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home