mama knits!

(when they let her...)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sock-ret Pal questionaire

The basics:
How long have you been knitting? 5 years

Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I've only been knitting socks a few months, so I'm not super-fast yet, but I don't think I'd have a problem just making up a pattern as I go.

The measurements:
While your pal may ask for some additional info to ensure a great fit, please provide your shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent. I wear about a US size 81/2.

(fiber related) Favorites:
What colors do you love? Pinks, reds, greens. There's probably a lot more info about colors I like throughout the blog...

Do you prefer solids or variegated? Both! I think for socks, I would get bored with a solid color, but it's fine for anything else.

What fibers do you most love to knit with? Alpaca is good. I love single ply wools.

Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors? I use a lot of Brown Sheep and Cascade yarns. I like Rowan too.

What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting? Hats, wristwarmers, scarves. The past few weeks I've been making a lot of "quick" things.

(fiber related) Dislikes:
What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear? Scratchy acrylic (some acrylic yarn is pretty nice, especially for baby things. But if you can tell it's scratchy just by looking at it, that's not good.)

What colors would you never wear? Most shades of yellow or tan.

The Tools:
Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood? For a while I used only bamboo, but in the past few months, I've started to really like metal. And I love my 5" Brittany birch DPNs!

Circs or Straights? Both!

DPNs or Magic Loop? DPNs. I've never tried Magic Loop or the two circular method. I have used a 12" circular though.

Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like? Fun accessories are always welcome!

The Extras:
Do you have a wish list? If so, please share the link!

Do you like sweet, sour or salty? (or all of the above? *S*) All of the above... and if I eat one of them, it will most likely make me want one of the others!

Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc) No allergies.

Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand? I like simple floral scents (jasmine, lilac, gardenia), tropical type scents, food scents (fruity or baked goods types) and patchouli.

Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)? Vintage aprons and tablecloths.

When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!) March 8th

Do you spin? Dye your own yarn? I have a spindle, haven't had much time to really figure it out yet... I just started dying.

Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better... Back when I used to have time to read, I read a lot of Anne Rice and Stephen King. I love 80's music and female singers/ girl groups. We love to vacation in Baltimore and New Orleans, with the occasional trip to the shore.

4 Comments:

At October 01, 2006 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a quick official:

HAPPY SPOOKY SP!!!!

First set of goodies coming soon...

:)

 
At October 10, 2006 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be looking for a man in a blue uniform carrying 2 packages for you soon. Hope you are having a good week

 
At October 15, 2006 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get my packages? Are you still out there? Have you gone on a long trip with no forwarding address?

 
At October 15, 2006 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hotmama! Your Spooky SP here - didja get my package?? Just want to make sure it come through ok, so I can send the next one! :) Hope you're having a wonderful October so far!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home