mama knits!

(when they let her...)

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Spring is here!

Well, not exactly... but I did get a lovely "Spring Cheer" package in the mail! It's been in the 60's here lately, but of course not sunny and spring-like, so this was a nice surprise.



And inside...


I'm pretty sure I'll need to buy lots of the Bartlett yarn (it's such a pretty color I have to think all their colors must be nice). She even sent along some she spun herself!


I'm either starting to get faster at knitting socks, or the last two patterns I've tried have been super easy. I haven't gotten any more done on my Marble Arches. I didn't knit at all for two days. Then some STR came that I had swapped with Stariel for, and of course I had to start something! The colors aren't really me, but are very pretty (that's why I swapped with her, I'm going through a little phase of wanting to try things that I think are pretty, but not what I'd usually pick)


I started them Saturday evening and I have just finished the second heel (after doing the Marble Arches two at a time, I decided it makes it feel quicker). That's pretty quick for me. Especially since I had to redo one of the heels. (I always screw something up on the second short row heel. I know this, so I always pay really close attention. But then I'll get to the point when I need to start decreasing and all of the sudden I notice something I messed up all the way back at the beginning of the heel...)

1 Comments:

At November 22, 2006 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray! I'm so glad the package finally arrived. I love that pink Bartlett too!
Speaking of pink, what kind of yarn is that pink stuff in the top post? It's gorgeous!

Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope your needles come through...
--Your Spring Cheer SP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home