mama knits!

(when they let her...)

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Has it really been two weeks?!?

It sure doesn't seem that long since I posted... but then the crappy, rainy weather we've been having has kinda blurred a bunch of days together. We did have some beautiful weather in the 70's last week, but I was having a bad week so I didn't really get to enjoy them.

But the mailman did bring me some lovely things!


The first was a second package from my Spooky Sp KnitMongrel. Lots of cool stuff including a vintage Hershey recipe book, an apron, another Pumpkin hat (we have a few of these, but they're all different sizes. So I could have a baby at any time of the year and have a pumpkin hat to fit them in the fall!)



She also sent some Scheafer Elaine in the Clara Barton color. My husband bought me some of this in Tink for Christmas and I had no clue what to do with it. But now that's solved! I love red and pink together, so I think I'll make some kind of stripey scarf.

Then I received two surprise packages from Caroline, my downstream from the knitty summer Mellow SP round. She sent me pretty yarn and some treats that she thought I probably hadn't tried before. I haven't gotten a chance to try the Marmite yet, but everything else was yummy. (I did try to get the husband to try a spoonful of the Marmite, but too smart to fall for that.)


The Lush bath bomb is for Little Guy, but I think he's gonna have to share with me! I used to order from Lush in Canada all the time, but for some reason I haven't since they've put some stores in the US. I think I just might have to do a little post-holiday Lush mailorder shopping for me....


I'm finally almost done my Mystery Socks! I kept putting them off, but they're supposed to be done by the end of November, so I finally got around to working on them. I finished one (and was sidetracked in the middle of it to knit this green sock too!), and am past the heel on the second.



But then I got my STR sock club yarn and pattern and had to start that too! I kept fighting it, wanting to finish the Mystery Socks first, but after my crappy week, I gave in and started them Thursday. They seem to be going really quick. I usually don't knit both socks at once, but there was a knot in the yarn. I didn't want to have the patterning change halfway through a sock, so I'm knitting the socks from both ends of the larger ball, then when I run out of yarn I'll just start the smaller one. That way both socks will have any weird changes.


I usually choose brighter colors, especially for socks, but I'm really liking this yarn.

5 Comments:

At November 14, 2006 6:29 PM, Blogger Nic said...

Cant wait to see pics!

 
At November 15, 2006 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind about the email. I have abandoned thigh high socks altogether and chosen something else with a yarn I think you will love. Thanks, your sp

 
At November 16, 2006 5:41 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I was wondering if that's what you had been planning when I was getting ready to send you all the measurements! I was thinking you must be a faster knitter than me... it would take me a looong time to make those!

 
At November 16, 2006 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked your package - I absolutely adore that yarn, so I'm so happy you have something to use it with! Enjoy your gifts, and have a wonderful holiday season!

 
At November 17, 2006 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you gotten your Winter Cheer/Spring is Here package yet? I sent it out last Saturday via Priority Mail.

Hope you enjoy it!

--your Winter Cheer SP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home