mama knits!

(when they let her...)

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Where did Spring go?

The past few days have just been lovely. Temps in the upper 60's/ low 70's and lots of sun.

Then there was today. It started out great, 65 degrees at 5:30 am, but it was supposed to drop at least 30 degrees by the afternoon. And SNOW tomorrow! I knew I was in for a dreary day!

Then on top of that, Little Guy had his 18 month checkup this morning. At 8 am...

Some of you already know that I'm pregnant with baby #2. For those of you that don't know, I'm just over 6 weeks, right at the time when I just want to sleep all day. Normally I'm up around 5am, and Little Guy soon after. Now I still get up at that time, but I have to stick him in the pack and play for an hour or two watching Sprout while I lie on the couch. I don't really get any more sleep (not with him jumping around and yelling at the TV!!), but just having my eyes closed helps a lot.

Today I didn't get to do that, so even though it's the middle of the afternoon, I still don't feel "awake" yet. Then with the crappy weather, it's just a bad day.

But then my wonderful mailman stopped by with three packages just for me!

There was my SP9 package that came all the way from Germany with some wonderful sock yarn and needles. (There was also a little bear, but Little Guy already snatched it!)


I had looked at this very color of Opal on line before, but had never gotten around to trying it. I'll have to make sure I find a pattern that shows off all of the colors.

Thank you so much Heike! I loved getting packages from Germany!

Then I opened my Favorite Colorswap 2 box from Lianne. Lots of pink goodies!


Yarn, needles, stitch markers, earrings. The little notepad is so cute! I had mentioned that I had recently purchased a cool book of embroidery patterns, and she sent me some supplies and kitty patterns (which are perfect because they go along with my book!).

I think this baby is going to have lots of embroidered onsies....


Oh, the 3rd package was a niddy noddy, but I was too tired to get a picture (plus what's exciting about a niddy noddy?)

3 Comments:

At March 30, 2007 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, lots of pretty shades of pink. I love Sublime Stitching patterns. Congrats on the pregnancy!

Secret Pal 10

 
At March 31, 2007 12:41 AM, Blogger Heike said...

Now I can sleep better. I always thought, that my parcel get lost. I am happy, that you like it.

Greetings from Germany
Heike

 
At April 03, 2007 12:01 PM, Blogger SalvagedArt said...

So glad to see that you got my box!! I was desperately worried.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home