mama knits!

(when they let her...)

Sunday, March 18, 2007

SP 10 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love Lambs Pride and Socks That Rock.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have two needle rolls for straights, but dpns and circulars are just in a box.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
About 5 years. I taught myself from a Lion Brand kit. I would say intermediate. I have no problems figuring out new techniques, but there are still lots of things I haven't tried.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

5. What's your favorite scent?
Right now I would have to say coconut. I have other scents I like listed on my other questionnaires, but at this time of year when the weather starts getting nice, I really like more "tropical" type fragrances.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love maple sugar candy. Just about any type of candy or chocolate would be good though.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have a spindle.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like just about any type of music, and I can play MP3s

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love color! Pinks, reds, oranges, greens.... Not so much "earthy" colors, although a nice gray or olive green can be good. Most yellows don't look good on me.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Husband, 19 month old son and baby on the way. Two cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves and hats are good. I've never worn mittens, but I'm the one that gets to do the snow shoveling, so mittens might be good too.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and hats. I've been doing a lot of baby things lately (seems like everyone is pregnant!)

13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, baby sweater and blanket.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
They all have their uses. I don't use plastic very often and lately have been using aluminum more.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
yes.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
A baby blanket I started about 3 years ago.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I love decorating for Halloween and Christmas, but any holiday that gives me an excuse to do some baking is good.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I love vintage aprons and tablecloths.


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm hoping to try out fair isle soon.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I love to knit socks. I'm a US 8 1/2. If you need more numbers, let me know.

23. When is your birthday?
March 8th

2 Comments:

At April 19, 2007 11:57 PM, Blogger madame artsy said...

thanks for the sweet comment you left for me :) I hope you're well.

*
Kristin

 
At April 25, 2007 11:29 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Just a little nudge that another post from you would be good :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home